Thanks to Matt Hunter for this week’s questions!
1. Pastor Brad pointed to three metaphors for the tongue in James 3. What are they?
2. Why is the tongue “magical”?
3. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that our tongues have so much power? In other words, did God create the tongue to be so powerful?
4. Pastor Brad quoted someone saying, “You don’t even know who you are until someone tells you who you are.” Do you think this is true?
5. Do you recall words that someone spoke to you that were particularly healing and powerful?
a. How did they affect your life?
b. Did the memory of those words come to your mind easily just now?
6. What was Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s “Ministry of Holding Your Tongue”?
7. Pastor Brad ended with two (possibly three) things to do to fix our speech. What are they? (We will discuss each of these.)