Thank you, Sam Kelley, for these questions!
1) How did you feel about this sermon? What was it like listening to it?
2) What is the essence of covenant?
3) What was Brad’s point in saying that God did not force the covenant on Israel?
4) Have you ever encountered the thinking that Brad has called the New Marcionism? Do you agree that there is indeed a New Marcionism in the church today?
5) How do you account for Brad’s transition from Malachi to the New Marcionism? What issue ties these topics together?
6) Where can we find God’s mercy in the OT? Where can we find God’s judgment in the NT? (Choose passages that Brad did not mention in the sermon.)
7) Even after hearing this sermon, is it hard for you to think of God’s wrath as loving?