Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I join a Community Group?

A central theme throughout the Bible is that God is creating a people who belong to him. Whether in the old covenant or the new, God’s work is the calling of a people. He doesn’t just save individuals, but is instead building a new community out of the ashes of a fallen and rebellious human race. This development of community lies at the heart of God’s covenant promise, “I will be your God and you will be my people.” He demonstrates the importance and seriousness of his call to community in a number of ways.

Community groups fill a distinct role in our church. All of the ministry projects and activities we do are scaled either large or small, and designed to engage people at a casual or deep level. For example, Sunday morning worship is large and deep, while our monthly Family Meals are large and casual. Community groups uniquely address the small and deep level of connectedness in our Christian lives.

Can I visit a few different groups before deciding on one?
Yes, you may want to visit several to find out where you can be nurtured and your gifts are needed. We recommend visiting more than once before making a decision.

If I haven’t heard back from a group that I contacted, what should I do?
Please contact the Community Group Coordinator. While our leaders do their best to contact you in a timely manner, life happens. If you have not heard back after a week, we will be happy to help follow up.

Can I start a new Community Group?
If you are already in a Community Group, consider asking your group leader about co-leading your group in anticipation of starting a new one. Also, contact our Community Group Coordinator, let them know of your interest, and find out about our CG Leader Basic Training.